Tips for Homeowners
Tips for Homeowners:
- Keep your gutters and drains clear.
- Keep your trees trimmed regularly.
- Have your furnace tuned up/checked annually.
- Regularly check on the batteries in your smoke detectors and carbon monoxide detectors.
- Secure any loose steps, railings or rugs.
- Repair leaks as soon as you can after noticing them. Remember: water damage losses must be sudden and accidental - which means, water damage resulting from an ongoing leak may not be covered.
- If you have a working fireplace, have it cleaned and checked annually.
- Regularly clean your dryer vent.
- Have someone check in on your home at least once every 48 hours while you're away.
- Don't overload extension cords and be sure to regularly dust areas where many appliances are plugged into one area.
- Don't grill inside (yes, we mean inside the house!), or on a covered porch.
- If you have children: consider replacing any windows that may be in the way of incoming baseballs/hockey pucks/golf balls/etc. with plexi glass - especially if the garage door doubles as a target!